Announcement of mid-career recruitment information in Corporate HP – starting April 1
The revised Law for the Comprehensive Promotion of Labor Policies will come into effect on April 1.
The purpose is to promote mid-career hiring.
PMP Note) The background of this law revision is as follow;
– The labor market liquidity in Japan is still lower than in Europe, the U.S., or China.
– Even now many companies are focusing on securing talented workers as new graduates. Also, there is still a widespread belief that there is value in retiring at the same company without changing jobs.
– On the other hand, the government believes that a shift to a new industrial structure is essential for Japan’s future development and wants to shift the workforce from the traditional heavy industries to new innovative industries.
The law applies to large companies that employ 301 or more workers.
1. make the information below easily accessible to job seekers
2. for each of the last three fiscal years, and
3. disclose the ratio of mid-career hires to regular employees hired.
4. The announcement shall be made approximately once a year.
The announcement shall be made on the Internet or by other means, clearly indicating the date of the announcement.
Regular employees are defined as “ordinary workers” under the Part-Time and Fixed-term Employment Labor Law, and the explanation is that “judgments will be made in accordance with socially accepted norms, taking into account employment forms, wage systems, etc. in a comprehensive manner. In layman’s terms, regular employees In other words, I think there is no problem if you replace the term “regular employee” with “full-time employee.
Also, employees who are rehired after retirement are not treated as mid-career hires, but contract employees who are converted to regular workers are.
However, if a contract employee is converted to a regular employee, it should be treated as a mid-career hire in the year of conversion.
For more details, please refer to the following
https://www.mhlw.go.jp/content/11600000/000737271.pdf (Japanese Only)